For more information on the Travel Grant Program and how to apply for the grant go to:
Student Travel Grants
- General Policy – Under the Student Travel Grant (STG) Program, the Communications Society (ComSoc) provides a limited number of student travel grants to help Student Members attend major ComSoc conferences. Conference organizers may also seek other sources for travel grants; e.g., the NSF (National Science Foundation) program supports travel for students studying at a U.S. college or university.
- Eligibility for ComSoc Student Travel Grants – To qualify for the ComSoc STG, the applicant must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Is an author of an accepted conference paper and presents the paper at the conference;
- Is a Student Member of ComSoc when submitting the application;
- Is a full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in engineering or a related field in a college or university when submitting the application;
- May not receive more than one STG in any 12-month period.
- ComSoc Student Travel Grant Application Process and Notification – The conference website will provide the instructions for completing the STG Application Form as well as information regarding the approval/notification process. The STG Committee for each conference will review all travel grant applications and notify applicants about award decisions by the date indicated on the conference website.
- The ComSoc Student Travel Grant Award – The STG consists of a monetary award to be used toward registration fees, conference hotel expenses, and travel costs as determined by the STG Committee for each particular conference. To claim an STG, the student must complete the necessary voucher form (provided on the conference website) and attach original receipts. The voucher must be received by ComSoc Staff within 45 days of the last day of the conference.